PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
(last updated 31st March 2016)
The following WantMyBet privacy and cookies policy sets out how we use data relating to you and applies to all use of data by WMB Media Ltd trading as WantMyBet of 54 Highfield Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0EB. Company number 09634655 trading as WantMyBet (“WantMyBet”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is WMB Media Ltd of 54 Highfield Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0EB.
We understand that you care about your how your personal information is used and shared and we take your privacy very seriously.
This privacy and cookies policy (together with the documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, either through our site or applications, email notifications, push notifications, buttons, widgets and services (the “service(s)”), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy does not apply to practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
We will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy. By using the services, you consent to such processing.
If you have any concerns over privacy, or this privacy and cookies policy contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. ABOUT THE SERVICES AND THIS PRIVACY/COOKIES POLICY
www.wantmybet.com and related iOS & Android app, is a social media and social gaming platform rolled into one. The Website/app allows users to create their own profile and socialise with the community. Users also benefit from having all they betting needs provided by our partners in one place, thanks to the high technological API integration. This covers, bookmaker sign up, deposit, place of bets and checking balances all from our site.
2. DATA WE MAY COLLECT
2.1 We may ask you for, or you may submit/email us, certain personal and non-personal information and data to us through the services when you register or otherwise use the services. This includes:
- your name and address
- your username and password
- your bank account information
- your e-mail address
- your phone number
- any content you submit to the services ( Your Content ), such as comments and marketing preferences and other information concerning your use of the services. Please be aware that this may include your gaming/betting history.
2.2 We also automatically collect information about your use of our services such as number and frequency of users. This can include how a user has engaged with our services. Such information is anonymous.
3. USES OF DATA
3.1 All information we hold will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
- Name, address, username and password: to register and administer your user account.
- e-mail address: to contact you with news or to offer you additional services
- phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other WantMyBet services with your consent (such as text message notifications); and
- Your Content: to process and make available Your Content to the services and to market to you in accordance with your instructions.
3.2 Information submitted to the services may also be used to:
- enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- enable your use of the services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable services;
- process and make available Your Content to the service;
- monitor the use of the service;
- generally run and improve the service.
3.3 We might collect sensitive information about you but we will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
4. MANAGEMENT OF DATA
4.1 We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
4.3 If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us on email@example.com.
4.4 Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the service. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4.5 When you get in contact with us (for example by email) we will keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference so we can provide services to you more efficiently.
4.6 We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties to for the purposes marketing analysis or to market the services.
5. COOKIES, BEACONS AND TRACKING
5.2 We use the following cookies:
- Session cookies ( sessiontoken );
- PHP cookies ( PHPSESSID ); and
- 3rd party provider cookies
- learn about how the services are being used and which types of individuals are using the services;
- record which other websites/platforms have referred users to the services;
- optimise and improve the services;
- make it easier for you to fill in forms via the services;
- enable the services to remember your preferences;
- enable aspects of the services to be customised; and
- provide relevant advertising.
5.4 We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the services. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the services to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from accessing our services, but parts of the services may not work.
5.5 We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our site/services) and your visit to our services, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
5.7 We will retain this information for up to one year.
6. MARKETING AND E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
6.1 We give you a choice of whether or not you want us or other companies to contact you about future offers, events, products and services you may be interested in.
6.2 We might send you marketing emails about products or services which are similar to or related to the services, or contact you by email with information about the services including redemption instructions of the reward. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
7.1 We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our group of companies or to trusted third parties, (both inside and outside the European Economic Area):
- for marketing and advertising purposes;
- to enable us to receive facilities that help us operate the services;
7.2 Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- if we buy or sell any businesses or assets;
- with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; and
- if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or users
7.3 If we share your personal information with other companies, those companies may contact you by email and they may be based inside or outside of the EEA.
8. DATA RETENTION
8.1 We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
9.1 If you follow a link from the services to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to those websites.
9.2 We may make changes to this privacy and cookies policy in the future, which will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes. Where appropriate we may notify you of changes by email.
9.3 You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account but not in any manner that would identify you personally.
9.4 All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.
WMB Media Ltd trading as WantMyBet
54 Highfield Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0EB